Fighting Art Block ! πœ—πœš

As an artistic girly , I love the feeling of being proud and satisfied when it comes to my art creations. I find it very fun when I can fully transfer my imagination on to a piece of paper or a digital canvas. However , there are times when I would struggle to create something I’m envisioning or I simply cannot find the motivation and inspiration to draw.



Being a perfectionist 


・❥・ I enjoy perfecting the lines and adding the tiniest of details, making my art piece beautiful. I personally think that being a perfectionist somewhat helps me to create better and appealing results. Although , it’s also the reason why I end up hating my own art. Noticing the mistakes after looking at it thoroughly leads to unsatisfaction. Of course , I will learn from this mistake and do it better the next time I’ll hold a pen !

・❥・Another struggle about being a perfectionist is while I’m creating the art. I will end up erasing and redoing (repeat multiple times) a part of my work until I’m satisfied with how it looks. For example, when drawing a hand. If I can’t get it right, sometimes I will just give up on it and come up with a way to cover the hand in order not to ruin the whole piece. It is tiring and time consuming process which demotivates me from continuing the piece at certain moments.

My Ways To Cope


・❥・To artists, it feels lifeless when dealing with art block periods. It’s a burn out feeling when you suddenly struggle to do your hobby when it’s supposed to be fun. It brings stress instead of relief and it feels like I’m losing a part of myself as an individual !! ( dramatically speaking >< ).

・❥・It is discouraging to feel like I’m not improving my skills. It gives me the idea that I am wasting my potential ! >:(

To overcome this, I do the following :
  • Watch speed paints or speed draws on youtube for motivation
  • Scroll through pinterest for inspiration and references
  • I look at other artists works in order to encourage myself
  • Study and practice 
  • Take breaks and to not force myself when not in the proper condition
  • Remind myself to enjoy !


 ⚘  Artwork Showcase !  ✿

some sketches ˖˚⊹ κ£‘ΰ§Ž‎



:3

Comments

Post a Comment