Fighting Art Block ! πœ—πœš

As an artistic girly , I love the feeling of being proud and satisfied when it comes to my art creations. I find it very fun when I can fully transfer my imagination on to a piece of paper or a digital canvas. However , there are times when I would struggle to create something I’m envisioning or I simply cannot find the motivation and inspiration to draw.



⚘ Being a perfectionist 


・❥・ I enjoy perfecting the lines and adding the tiniest of details, making my art piece beautiful. I personally think that being a perfectionist somewhat helps me to create better and appealing results. Although , it’s also the reason why I end up hating my own art. Noticing the mistakes after looking at it thoroughly leads to unsatisfaction. Of course , I will learn from this mistake and do it better the next time I’ll hold a pen !

・❥・Another struggle about being a perfectionist is while I’m creating the art. I will end up erasing and redoing (repeat multiple times) a part of my work until I’m satisfied with how it looks. For example, when drawing a hand. If I can’t get it right, sometimes I will just give up on it and come up with a way to cover the hand in order not to ruin the whole piece. It is tiring and time consuming process which demotivates me from continuing the piece at certain moments.

⚘ My Ways To Cope


・❥・To artists, it feels lifeless when dealing with art block periods. It’s a burn out feeling when you suddenly struggle to do your hobby when it’s supposed to be fun. It brings stress instead of relief and it feels like I’m losing a part of myself as an individual !! ( dramatically speaking >< ).

・❥・It is discouraging to feel like I’m not improving my skills. It gives me the idea that I am wasting my potential ! >:(

To overcome this, I do the following :
  • Watch speed paints or speed draws on youtube for motivation
  • Scroll through pinterest for inspiration and references
  • I look at other artists works in order to encourage myself
  • Study and practice 
  • Take breaks and to not force myself when not in the proper condition
  • Remind myself to enjoy !


 ⚘  Artwork Showcase !  ✿

some sketches ˖˚⊹ κ£‘ΰ§Ž‎



:3

Comments

Post a Comment